Saturday, December 1, 2007

'Cause After All...



Seems as if everywhere I go, there are professed Christian women who just seem to feel as if they are just too spiritual or good or ... for their own husbands. Sometimes it's out and out verbal assaults, sometimes it's those subtle jabs, but my first thought is usually,
"Hey, you married him and it doesn't sound like he got such a swell deal, either".
Yes, I follow it with prayer!

I'm not talking about those marriages where abuse is happening (whether it's the male or female doing the abusing). That's a whole different thing! I'm talking about the regular marriages of women who simply aren't getting their way.
"I want ______ but my husband doesn't" or
"I'm so godly but my husband isn't" or
????

I have a weird sense of humor. When my *really awesome but not perfect* husband gets on my nerves, I go into super-submission mode and sing, "Stand By Your Man"!

Ok, so that's not the weird part.

The weird part is that I end up rolling on the floor with laughter because I really emphasize my favorite line:

"Cause after all, he's just a man...."

And I'm just a woman.
And he loves me anyway.


No comments: